Sunday, February 23, 2014

Braised Coconut Spinach and Chickpeas with Lemon

This recipe fits all of my criteria for a great dish: it's delicious, it's quick, it doesn't have a gazillion ingredients, it's nutritious, and it's allergy friendly!  It's got sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, spinach, onions, garlic, lemon, ginger ~ it smells incredible when it's cooking!  I normally tweak recipes after I've tried them once or twice until I find my perfect version but this one is perfect as it is. This is a fantastic recipe for a make-ahead meal. My son and I both really like it so when it's done cooking, I portion it out for he and I as lunches and keep them in the fridge. I've eaten it on it's own and over steamed brown rice. I think it would also work over Super-Easy Spaghetti Squash or Cauliflower Couscous

If you are trying to manage your calorie-intake, you should use light, unsweetened coconut milk. Also, be sure to use sun-dried tomatoes in a bag, not the kind packed in jars of oil. You'll cut out a significant amount of fat and calories without sacrificing much in the way of flavor and consistency. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! To see the recipe, follow the link below:

Braised Coconut Spinach and Chickpeas with Lemon from The Kitchn

No comments:

Post a Comment